Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Lost In the Subway





Yesterday afternoon in this huge city of ours, I was traveling in the subway; to avoid the waist of time that’s traffic, when out of a sudden, this beautiful girl hopped in the car I was traveling in. You can only notice that she didn't belong in this scenario; with her Marc Jacobs bag, and her American apparel outfit, like it was taken out of an internet catalog.

 You could become aware that she was nervous and wanted to get away from this place as soon as possible. After the first stop she started to relax, because she knew she had to reach her destiny, this was the only thing that made her stay put. At this time I thought; wow this is the first time I’ve seen a pretty girl like that in a trashy place like this.

I began to check her out and then as is typical in the subway, our eyes met and in a split second we both looked in a different direction (Why is it so uncomfortable to make eye contact?). At this point I became aware that she was checking me out too. After three or four stops, I don’t know, I wasn’t paying attention; she stepped out of the car. At this moment I knew I would never see her again. I started asking myself, why is it so hard to approach somebody in a public place? How come we are not able to make this first contact?

I wish I had the courage to talk to this random beautiful girl, but at the moment my chance had pass and it was gone forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment